Another perfect day in Dolly Sods Wilderness

Another perfect day in Dolly Sods Wilderness
Taken just off the Red Creek Trail/Blackbird Knob Trail Junction

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review of Ribzwear front pack


I ordered a size small (400 cubic inch) Ribz wear front pack on Saturday and received it in good condition on Wednesday. It came packed in a plastic bag via US priorty mail. The pack was received in good condition with its hang tag. There were no instructions for fitting, but it was pretty intuitive to adjust; so this was not a problem. There is plenty of room, and plenty of pockets to organize gear. Used the pack for a cool weather day hike over rather rugged, but rarely steep terrain. I pretty much forgot I was carrying this pack. It is very comfortable, fit well under my day pack (a Golite Peak pack) and gave great access to snacks, camera, gloves, etc. The pack might prove to be a bit hot during the summer, but I think I shall like this pack very much. It should work well for hiking out of a base camp. I purchased it to use with my Luxury Lite pack and it should work well with this pack. I think I should be able to carry a 1/2 liter platy or two with comfort also. Overall, I am very happy with the initial use of this pack and would recommend to others.
As you will notice from the above picture, the pack is riding very well and is hardly noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment